February 7, 2012

A Door into the Woods by James Dashner (Good)

Hi! I'm early this week for the first time ever!
The last book I read was A Door into the Woods.  James Dashner wrote this, along with The Maze Runner Series and the 13th Reality Series.  Most people haven't heard about this series, the Jimmy Fincher series, because it isn't very well known. (It took a little while for me to find.)  In any case, I liked the book.  Here's the cover:
I really liked this cover because of all the little details that are on it.  I don't want to ruin any surprises, so I won't mention any of them. But, I would suggest finding them after you read the PERSONAL description of the door.  I know that doesn't make any sense right now, but it will!
Here's my description: Jimmy Fincher is just an ordinary, extremely southern kid from Georgia who likes to do ordinary things like climb trees.  That is, until he sees a woman get killed and then gets kidnapped.  Jimmy learns that the world's not what it seems.  Then he gets advice from people that he thought he knew well and from people who are a bit on the crazy side on what to do about the bad guys (characters such as Monster and Raspy).  The only thing that anyone agrees on is that the door in the woods is important, very important.
Now, my review.  I really liked it.  The whole book had this feel about it; I'm not sure what to call it, but it sounded funny and at the same time sort of intense.  Whatever you call it, it sounded good.  It was written really, really southernly, though.  It was so southern that, being mildly southern, I would have been slightly offended if James Dashner wasn't actually from Georgia.  The only bad thing about it? Jimmy cried a lot in the beginning. I know that's probably what we would all do in that situation, but it was still a bit annoying.
I would definitely recomend reading it.  It was definitely interesting.
So, that is my book review for The Door into the Woods.  I hope you liked it. Have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment