March 9, 2015

Bloodlust and The Craving (Stefan's Diaries #2 and 3) by "LJ Smith", Kevin Williamson, and Jullie Pec 4.5/5 stars

Hey, guys! Just so you know, this will be a very short review.

I just read both Bloodlust and The Craving, sequels to Origin (LIIIIIINNNNNKKKKK) and part of the Vampire Diaries /  The Return  (Book 1  Book 2  Book 3) series.  I'm liking the series so far.  All of the books are action-packed, short and fun.  If a book is only 200-some pages, I don't tend to expect more than good characters and an actual plot, and you most certainly get that in these books. There are pretty good books that just breeze by.  I am by no means saying that they're the best books I've ever read, but if you just want some quick entertainment, go for this series.  It will probably exceed your expectations for a vampire book.
I also love it when books are set in the Victorian Era.  It just makes every interaction so scandalous! For example, "he just touched her hand in public! *gasp*"  This makes the book better for me, in the same way that it made The Infernal Devices better.  I'd recommend reading these books if you have a free day. They may be guilty pleasure books, but as long as there is still pleasure, why not?



P.S. These covers are just awful.  I'm so glad I'm not reading paperback copies so no one sees these covers and judges!

Happy Reading!

Visit me on Twitter: @BookshelfSecret

No comments:

Post a Comment