April 14, 2015

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 5/5 stars

Hey, guys! I haven't read anything new yet, so I thought I'd quickly cover Eleanor & Park, a great book that I never posted a review about!  I had heard that this book was great so I gave it a shot and did not regret it.

The Cover:
The Cover:
I love this cover.  It shows Eleanor and Park sitting on the bus, listening to music.  I like how the cords form the ampersand (&).  A+ cover

Official Description:
Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.
Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.
Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.
Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.


Alternate Official Description:
Eleanor is the new girl in town, and with her chaotic family life, her mismatched clothes and unruly red hair, she couldn't stick out more if she tried.
Park is the boy at the back of the bus. Black T-shirts, headphones, head in a book - he thinks he's made himself invisible. But not to Eleanor... never to Eleanor.
Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall for each other. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're young, and you feel as if you have nothing and everything to lose.


My Review:
This book was just too cute. I would be reading it and then be surprised that I was grinning from ear to ear. It was also kinda deep. I loved the characters. They were really well executed and realistic.
There were three stages of Eleanor and Park.
1. This book is so cute! I ship Eleanor and Park so much!
2. Man, Eleanor's home life is awful... But they are still really cute together! 
3. Everything hits the fan
Highly recommend! I recommend it enough that I plan on reading all the other books by this author.


Phrase:
Karate kicked him in the face!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing this book. It was truly wonderful to read. It's such a rare and magical moment when a reader finds a connection with a book and this was one of those moments for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you liked it! It's such a fantastic book, and I am so happy that you found it. Thank you so much for letting me know!

      Delete