September 21, 2016

Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare 5/5 stars

Hey, guys! I just finished Twelfth Night for my english class and thought I'd give you guys a quick review!

The Cover:
Official Description:
Set in a topsy-turvy world like a holiday revel, this comedy devises a romantic plot around separated twins, misplaced passions, and mistaken identity. Juxtaposed to it is the satirical story of a self-deluded steward who dreams of becoming “Count Malvolio” only to receive his comeuppance at the hands of the merrymakers he wishes to suppress. The two plots combine to create a farce touched with melancholy, mixed throughout with seductively beautiful explorations on the themes of love and time, and the play ends, not with laughter, but with a clown’s sad song.

My Review:
I really enjoyed Twelfth Night. It was fairly easy to read. The language was complex, but with footnotes, it was pretty simple to understand. It was also really funny. The witty exchanges between characters often had me laughing. 

It is defintitely worth the time to read,which isn't much because it is a play, probably only a few hours worth of reading time. It's fun and creative and has a lot of irony. I'd recommend it, especially if you are looking for a straightforward Shakespeare play.

Phrase:
Yellow stockings

If You Liked This Book, You May Also Like:
The Importance of Being Earnest

If you're looking for a good book, check out my Suggestions Page!

Happy Reading!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BookshelfSecret

No comments:

Post a Comment