June 5, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver (Awesome)

I needed to change pace a little bit, so I read a love book.  I thought I should point that out, so if you're not interested, you can move on to a different review.  Amazon has been practically begging me to read this, so I read the first chapter or two online, realized it was amazing, and went out and bought it.  Definitely should be on your to do list.

The cover just basically shows the main character, Lena, standing there.  (Personally, I think she looks like Charlotte from the tv show Revenge. )

Love, or amor deliria nervosa, has been declared a disease.  The one that causes everything: strokes, suicide, you name it.  There is even a cure, but they cannot preform it until a person reaches the age of eighteen, for health reasons.  Lena has been looking forward to being cured since she was little.  She wants to forget certain things in her past...  Everything is moving perfectly until she meets someone special, spectacular even.  There is another problem with deliria, though: those who contact it don't want to be cured, no matter what happens to them because of it.

It takes place in what could easily be a week from now.  The whole thing kept you sitting on the edge of your seat. Then the ending... talk about powerful. 

There is a sequel, Pandemonium, which is on my reading list, for sure.  I believe that it's in a trilogy, and the last book isn't currently out, to the best of my knowledge.

It's definitely a book that I would recomend.  This feels like it's going to be the next big love story.  Oh, and if you liked Matched, it's a bit like that except with only one guy. Actually, think of any future society books and combine them with a love book and you have it, sort of.

Anyway, that's all for now.  Bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment