June 23, 2012

Speeding Bullet by Neal Shusterman (Great)


Thank you to the people who have commented on this blog. I really appreciate it. Everyone who hasn't commented, please do; it lets me know that people are actually reading this.  I know this didn't fit in, but I had to say it.  Back to the summary.

I had a weird thought. I hadn't read anything new this week, since I was re-reading the Gone Series.  I have a whole list of books that are on my "to review" list, and now I can actually got to use it.  This is one of those books you read because of the author's awesome-ness.  If you click the Label beneath the post that says "Neal Shusterman" you'll see all of the other books that I've reviewed by him.  Just in case you decide you're a fan.

The cover:


Sorry, I couldn't get it any bigger.  Anyway, on the cover shows the main character in front of a subway car.  The reason that that's the picture is pretty obvious once you read it.


Nick is just an average kid living in New York City.  Until one day, while waiting for the subway car, he notices a little girl, whom would get hit by the subway without his help.  He becomes a hero, and then everyone forgets about him.  The only thing that remains the same is that whenever he flips a coin, it lands on heads.  Just an average kid whose luck can't run out.  Nick starts doing crazy, reckless things like running into burning buildings.  Only his friend, Linda, doesn't want him to get hurt.  After all, eventually everyone's luck runs out...

Overall, it was a great story.  The whole older brother complex made it even better.  I would suggest it and all, but thinking back on it, it's not one of Neal's best books.  Still amazing by most scales, but not one of my favorites.  But, that's not to say it wasn't good. 

Maybe the only problem was that I read it a while ago, and the "power" of the book has lessened over time.  Who knows?

I'll try to post next Friday.  See you then.

P.S.  If you want to be super awesome, click on an add on the side or bottom of this post.  Just the one add.  It would be awesome, and I'd love you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment