June 6, 2015

Edison's Alley (Accelerati #2) by Neal Shusterman and Eric Elfman 5/5 stars

Hey, guys! So I finished Edison's Alley at two o'clock in the morning last night (because it was just so good) and just wanted to throw it across the room when I was done.  You know those endings that just make you want to scream in frustration because the next book isn't already out?  Yep.  This is one of those.  It's definitely really good though.  I'd recommend it!

Edison's Alley is the sequel to Tesla's Attic which was also really good.  This is definitely a series that you need to read in order though, so go ahead and pick up book one!

The Cover:
The Cover:
It shows Nick facing off against the Accelerati with his fan that is basically a freeze ray.  I love the title of the book though.  (Slight Spoiler Alert: The entrance to Edison's lair is through a bowling alley.  Thus the title.)  It's not the best cover, but I have nothing wrong with it.  B+ cover

Official Description:
Fourteen-year-old Nick has learned that the strange antiques in his attic bedroom were left there by the eccentric inventor Nikola Tesla. They are pieces of Tesla's Far Range Energy Emitter, capable of transmitting "free energy" to the globe. Some components of the contraption are still missing, but the objects themselves seem to be leading Nick and his friends to their current owners. 
However, members of the Accelerati, a menacing secret society of physicists, are on the hunt too, and their brazen leader, Dr. Alan Jorgenson, will stop at nothing to foil Nick and steal the objects. It takes a dangerous build-up of electromagnetic energy in the atmosphere to reverse everyone's fortunes--and lead Nick to his destiny.Readers who enjoyed the strange science, quirky humor, and out-of-this-world plot twists in Tesla's Attic will be captivated by this second book in the electrifying Accelerati Trilogy.

My Review:
I loved this book.  It had action, jokes, awkward romance, evil societies, and crazy science.  It was such a nice change of pace to read a book just completely full of adventure and silliness.  The writing style was hilarious, but the book still managed to be plot oriented.  The plot was compelling as well (remember that I stayed up until 2am to finish it).  I loved all of the quirks about this book from Vince's sudden deaths every few pages to Theo's blatant stupidity.  It's just a really great book that I would definitely recommend!
The characters were complex and there was so much development over the course of this book!  Even less important characters had pivitol character changes during Edison's Alley.
Then we have the ending (which was spectacular I might add).  All I have to say is why, Mr. Shusterman and Mr. Elfman.  Why would you do that to us?
Overall, I'd highly recommend it.  I had no issues at all with this book.  Keep in mind that the target age is younger than my usual post on here, but I still found it incredibly enjoyable and think you will too, no matter your age.

Phrase:
Catnato

Happy Reading!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BookshelfSecret
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BookshelfSecret

No comments:

Post a Comment