November 25, 2011

Antsy Does Time by Neal Shusterman (Great)

Hey!  Hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving.  Antsy Does Time is a great story.  It was a bit sad a one point, but I was happy with the ending.  It was a classic book by this author who, quite frankly, I absolutely love.  To paraphrase a quote someone gave on his books (you can read it on the cover of some of his books including Bruiser) It will keep you thinking about the characters for years after you read it. 
Here's the cover:
Amazingly enough, it has absolutely nothing to do with jail, as the title may suggest.  Instead, it deals with the trading of months of your life.  It all started when a boy fell terminably ill; Antsy thought he would help him emotionally with giving the boy some of his life.  Time dealing becomes a big, no huge, deal as more and more people add time to this kid's life.  But, something fishy is going on, something involving this kid's family and Antsy is taking it upon himself to sniff it out.
It really only mentions the first book in the "series", like, 3 times.  You would be fine if you didn't read it.  You probably wouldn't even notice one of the references. 
It was pretty funny and I finished it incrediably quickly.  I think you'll love it.
Currently, I'm not really sure what I am doing, reading wise.  I am reading Stephen King's The Shining and loving it, but I am a little shocked because it is so like me yet so not like me to read.  I am also rereading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan which I am shocked that I haven't done a post on.  (That will probably be coming soon.)  I just don't want to read a bunch of books when Christmas is right around the corner.  Come to think of it, if you want me to do a bunch of various book reviews for your Christmas lists, just comment and let me know. 
I hope you enjoyed my special Black Friday post.

No comments:

Post a Comment