November 18, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie (Still Awesome)

Hey!  I decided that I will try to post every Friday.  (It's the only day that I have time.)  I thought that I would let you know that.
Anyway, I read the sequel to Matched and found that it was as good as the first book.  Here's the cover:

The cover is a lot like the first book's.  I think that it's an altogether very artsy and basically, awesome, cover.  She's inside the sphere in the first one, she's breaking out in the second, and I would guess that she is either completely out or standing in its ruins in the third.  (It's not out yet.)
The book was very good.  It was a little less love triangle- like and a little more action filled than the first book.
I really do not want to spoil anything for the people who have not read Matched yet...  So, if you have not: STOP READING NOW!!!  Okay, have all of you read it?   It's your own fault if you didn't, so now that I feel better, here is my descriptions.  There's no spoilers if you haven't read Crossed yet.
Cassia and Ky alternate narrating this adventure.  Cassia journeys to find Ky in the Outer Providences.  There they are fired upon every night by some of these "bad guys".  There are some new characters that come along that you can quickly fall in love with.  They travel long and hard across a very entrancing world.  They find out what the Society has been keeping from everyone, find out more of Ky's story, find a hidden community, and as they try to find something...  Even if some of the party would rather it not be found.
Read it to find out where Cassia, Ky, and Xander stand in their relationships and who will ever see the other ones again.
If you have not read it, it is a must read for anyone who likes dramatic love/action books.  It is not my usual kind of series, but it's nice to shake it up a bit.  
I am currently reading Antsy Does Time (which is the sequel of The Schwa was Here).  I will post as soon as a get a chance.  
Until then, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment