December 16, 2011

All of the books from school so far (pretty bad)

Hey all!  I decided to review the books that they made me read for school.  There are two of them. 
The first is Touching Spirit Bear which I didn't like.  It was probably because I hated all of the characters and thought they were all the stupidest people ever.  It was also very metaphoric.  The cover:

It was about this troubled kid that got mauled by a bear (he definetly deserved it) and then blamed the world for it.  He bascically gets banished twice from the world.  For, like, half the book he was lying on the ground having flashbacks.  I'm sure that someone would enjoy it, but, personally, I didn't like it.  I was just overally annoyed at all the characters and the plot just wasn't grabbing enough.

The second book was Chinese Cinderella.  It wasn't all that bad, but I wouldn't have read it if it wasn't for school.  Here's the cover:


This book is an autobiography.  It was about a girl whose parents hate her.  She has a lot of family issues growing up and she wrote a book about them.  It was written well and you found yourself hating the right characters and feeling really sorry for the main character, Adeline/ Wu Mei. (That's the same person.  It has something to do with the Chinese Culture.)  It was an alright book overall, but since all the characters had, like, four different names, so I was a bit confused. 

Those are all the books so far.  I will probably post again this week, because school's out!  Hope you all have a great break!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley, Ian read both of these books last year as well. He really did not like Chinese Cinderella but thought Touching Spirit Bear was better. This year Patrick will not be reading Chinese Cinderella, but The Hobbit instead--he is pretty glad about that!

    See you next week! Merry Christmas. We will be at BHI Tuesday, tell your family to stop on by!

    ReplyDelete