December 27, 2011

King's Ransom by Jude Watson (Good)

Hello, again.  I just finished A King's Ransom and wanted to post about it.  Before I get into this particular book, I just want to give you my overall thoughts of this series, complete with pros and cons
  1. The series is really good.  (pro)
  2. There are, like, six or so authors, so it doesn't really flow very well. (con)
  3. There are way too many books, all of them being only about 200 pages.  But, I still read them because I'm caught up in the story. (con)
  4. Almost all of the books end in cliffhangers.  It makes the story better, but I can't help being frustrated.  (neutral)
  5. A book comes out every two months or so.  You have a new book quickly.   (pro)
As you can see, the bad evens out with the good.  I always look forward to the next book coming out.
Now back to King's Ransom.

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ONE (rather The Medusa Plot or this book) OF THE VESPER RELATED CAHILL BOOKS STOP READING BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!
This book is about Amy and Dan's attempt to help the hotages that Vesper One is keeping.  They have to find an ancient world map that hasn't been seen since way before they were born.  Not only do the have to find it before the police find them, but they also have the new problem of other Vespers being determined to find the map before them.  They find unexpected allies, some with very complex problems, in unexpected places. 
It was worth reading.  It answered some questions that I didn't even know needed asking and I have to admit that the cliffhanger has me hanging.  You definetly have to read the rest of the series to get this book.  I liked the book, but I wish it was longer.  I read most of it in one car ride (a long car ride, but still).
If you read it tell me what you think about it.
Happy late Boxing Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment