May 20, 2016

Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick 0/5 stars

Hey, guys!  I always read the full book before I post about it here.  That is not the case today.  I couldn't take this book, and it got abandoned.  More on that later.

Preview Books in the Series:
Hush, Hush (book 1)
Crescendo (book 2)
Silence (book 3)

The Cover:


I am the kind of person who always finishes books, no matter how much I hate them.  (A good example is Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld).  I stick it out, hoping for some redeeming quality, so you know it's bad if I give up.

To be honest, I only started Finale because I was waiting for And Then There Were None to become available at the library, and I felt kind of guilty to abandon a series 3/4 of the way through.  I honestly would have rather been sitting in silence than reading this book.

Simply, the plot was ridiculous, the characters were ridiculous, and the writing was mediocre.

The major selling point of this series is supposed to be the relationship between Nora and Patch.  However, the don't have chemistry and the longer the series went on, the more Patch seemed abusive.  Nora was not allowed to talk to any other boy, she's criticized for hanging out with her friend, etc.  Instead of being entranced by their romance, I was scared for Nora's safety.  Bad foundation for a book.

The only thing left to say is do not read this book.  Even if you liked the previous books, Finale was awful.  Would not recommend reading.  Ever.

If you're looking for a good book, check out my Suggestions Page!


No comments:

Post a Comment