July 8, 2015

The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass 5/5 stars

Hey, guys!  So I just finished the third book in the Selection series.  If you missed my earlier reviews of this series, click here for book one and here for book two.
The Cover:
The Cover:
It yet again shows America is a dress in front of mirrors.  It's not too exciting, but I do like the use of white, like a bride, on the cover.  It works pretty well for this book even though it contains no wedding dresses.  B+ cover

Official Description:
The time has come for one winner to be crowned.When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

My Review:
I read this book in a single day.  Almost a single sitting.  It was by far the best book in the Selection series so far.  They toned down the unneeded drama (such as the love triangle) and increased everything else.  The cuteness factor increased, the danger increased, the revolution increased.  Basically, the awesomeness increased.  It was perfect.
The characters remained the fantastic, complex balls of emotions that they've always been.  It is also important to note that I have not been disappointed by a character and started hating them yet, which is a true accomplishment in a third book in a series.  Usually someone will get whiny and I'll be hoping for them to get killed off, but that was not the case in The One
The plot was much more exciting than the previous books.  It moved quickly and kept me on the edge of my seat.  
My only real concern is that this book was told exactly like the final book in a trilogy.  I found out that there is another book, The Heir which follows this novel.  I'm concerned that it will be bad because this book was supposed to be the end, you can tell, and I don't want the series ruined for me... Who knows though?

Phrase:
Northern Rebels

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment