December 16, 2016

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer 4/4 stars

Hey, guys! I finally finished the Lunar Chronicles series! Like all the books in this series, I started off disliking it, but it grew on me as the book went on.

Reviews of the previous books in the series:
Cinder
Scarlet
Cress

The Cover:
The Cover:
It shows a poisoned candy apple, an important element of Winter which mirrors the poisoned apple in the Snow White fairytale. It's a neat cover that looks nice and is relevant. A+ cover

Official Description:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters? Fans will not want to miss this thrilling conclusion to Marissa Meyer's national bestselling Lunar Chronicles series.


My Review:
I originally didn't want to read this book. A new perspective? Again? There were just too many characters and the story was becoming muddled. Also, what I had seen of Winter, the new character, didn't impress me. 

While, I still think it would have been better off without adding more characters, I ended up liked both Winter the character and the book much more than I expected to.

The characters and their interactions were very interesting, especially with all the relationship drama between the various characters. 

The plot was also fun. It was fairly fast-paced and had an obvious direction to it. However, I found that it became repetitive. I think this might have been due to an abundance of characters, but the same scenario would play out multiple things, just with a different set of characters. Winter was the longest book in this series by almost 300 pages, all of which probably could have been cut down. The story was fast-moving and interesting but could have done without the repetition. 

Overall, I'd recommend reading Winter if you liked the other books. I think it was my least-favorite in the series, but it does a good job wrapping the story together in the end. It has a satisfactory ending, even if it is a bit long.

Phrase:
New strain of the plague

If You Liked This Book, You May Also Like:
The Young Elites / The Rose Society
The Selection


If you're looking for a good book, check out my Suggestions Page!

Happy Reading!


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BookshelfSecret

No comments:

Post a Comment